Fire Damage Restoration
Fire Restoration Colorado Springs
ServiceMaster have served the Greater Colorado Springs and Pueblo area with fire damage restoration since 1968. Our team has the resources to handle any situation on your property. Don’t let your business or home become a casualty during a disaster such as tornadoes, fires, or floods. We offer a full range of Disaster Restoration and cleaning services. No loss is too small, no loss is too large.
Fire Restoration Colorado Springs & Smoke Recovery
Fire and smoke damage can wreak havoc not only in your home, but also in your business. When disaster strikes, get back to business with a full range of professional fire restoration and clean-up services in Colorado Springs. Our goal is to restore your property—and your peace of mind—as quickly and efficiently as possible. Our licensed and insured technicians will communicate with you every step of the way.
Soot combined with moisture creates nitric acid, which is corrosive and can damage your belongings. Delays in cleanup may change the probability that soot can be removed from your items. Prolonged exposure to soot will allow further chemical damage to take place thus decreasing the level of success in restoring your possessions. Time is of the essence! Contact us to begin immediate restoration services.
- Fire and Smoke Restoration
- Soot Removal
- Complete Building and Contents Cleaning
- Carpet, Rug and Upholstery Cleaning
- HVAC Duct Cleaning
- Antiques and Fine Art Restoration
- Electronic Equipment Restoration
- Data and Document Recovery
- Furniture Refinishing
- Biohazard Cleaning
- Safety and Compliance
- Pack out and inventory service
- Restoration dry cleaning and laundry
- Board up
*Some services may be subcontracted.
Fire Smoke Damage Restoration Tips
Even after the fire is doused and the smoke cleared, time is of the essence. To increase your chances of a complete recovery, call us as soon as possible. In the meantime, there are a few things you can do to ensure a more successful restoration.
- Corrosive byproducts from fire and smoke can cause irreversible etching in as few as 72 hours. Call us immediately.
- If the temperature is above 60 degrees, air out your home by opening windows and doors to reduce smoke odor.
- Clean Formica, chrome, porcelain and aluminum fixtures to prevent permanent tarnishing or etching.
- Change the air filter on your furnace it if uses forced hot air.
- Tape damp cheesecloth over important documents to capture loose soot in the air.
- Discard any open food packages.
- If the electricity is off, clean out the refrigerator and leave doors propped open.
- Send clothing with heavy smoke damage to a qualified restoration dry cleaner.
What not to do:
- Do not touch anything. Oil from your hands can permeate upholstery, walls and woodwork, causing additional damage.
- Do not wash walls. Incorrect cleaning could compound the soot residue.
- Do not attempt to clean carpets or upholstered furniture.
- Do not use electrical appliances until having them checked.
- Do not use ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet.